Wednesday, June 06, 2012

My Blacklisted MLB Fantasy Players

There are some certain players that, for whatever reason, suck when they are on my fantasy team.  Therefore, I will no longer consider them for positions on my fantasy team.  When draft time comes around, I won't take them.  What if they're available a few rounds later than they should be?  Still, I'll pass on them.  If they're offered to me in a great deal?  Unless it helps me in some other area, I probably won't touch these players.  That's how much faith I lost in their ability to play for my fantasy team.  This list, while incomplete, is the product of several different years of fantasy baseball leagues and not just one.  So, there's probably some players that I forgot to include on my blacklist.

Here's my blacklisted players:


  • Nelson Cruz
    • Every time I put him in my lineup he went 0 for 4 with 2 K's.  But when I decided to bench him, he decided to hit a home run.  Thanks but no thanks Nelson, you've been blacklisted.
  • Mark Reynolds
    • He just plainly cannot hit.  Sure he's got power, but what else?  I'll leave him on the waiver wire, thanks.
  • Carlos Marmol
    • Overall he's just not really a great pitcher.  Drafted him late and thought I could get some good value out of him.  Boy was I wrong.  Thanks for all the blown saves Carlos.  I'm sure Cubs fans appreciate those too.
    • Side note: Hector Santiago and Heath Bell could probably join this category as well.
  • Rickie Weeks
    • Yeah Rickie, things didn't work out as expected.  I had Curtis Granderson last year and decided to get some value for him and since my second baseman sucked, I figured I'd trade for you.  You really didn't do much better.  You were the chosen one to fill my second base need. But you really didn't do that, did you?
  • Lance Berkman aka "Lance Berkshit"
    • Yes, that's a name I gave to Lance after he was on my fantasy team a few years back.  Classy?  No.  Accurate?  I'd have to say yes.  Got him late and felt that I was forced to take him where I did.  It wasn't worth it.  He did pretty awful.  Was hurt a lot and didn't put up the numbers he was expected to.  This was also the year he was traded to the Yankees mid-season.  Everyone said "oh, this will definitely help his numbers.  He will start to hit a lot as a Yankee."  I have news for you, he didn't.  That season (2010) was one of the worst he's ever had.  He finished with a combined average (between the Astros and Yankees) of .255 with 14 home runs.  Fourteen.  The man as of this date has a career average of 33 home runs per 162 games.  Thanks for nothing Lance.

That's all I can think of right now.  There certainly more than I can't remember and if I can remember them, I'll be sure to add them.  

There's a lot of players as well that I'd stay away from but wouldn't necessarily actively work against adding to my fantasy team.  I didn't add these guys just because they haven't necessarily wronged me.  The aforementioned players have spited me for some reason and therefore will be hard-pressed to find themselves on my team again.

EDIT: Added Lance Berkman



No comments: