Friday, June 15, 2012

MLB Ballparks

As some of you may know, I really enjoy visiting MLB ballparks.  One of my goals is to see all of the current active ballparks.  Taking in the atmosphere, the surroundings, and watching some different teams play baseball are some of the main reasons I'm fond of doing it.  Each park I go to, I usually take some pictures and sometimes get a souvenir (recently I've been going for t-shirts for some reason).

As of this post, I've gone to 7 different ballparks.  Here they are in no particular order:


  1. Yankee Stadium (old one)
  2. Yankee Stadium 
  3. Citizens Bank Ballpark
  4. Camden Yards
  5. Nationals Park
  6. Tropicana Field
  7. Marlins Park
Later on this month I have plans to visit Wrigley Field, Comerica Park, and Miller Park.  Hopefully sometime this summer I'll get a chance to check out Fenway Park and Citi Field as well, but we'll see.

To go along with this, I save all my ticket stubs in a collection from most, if not all, the baseball games I've been to (Hey, I can't control whether I kept some of them when I was younger).  Obviously they're organized by date, as if there was any other way to do it!  I also have an Excel spreadsheet which I use to track all of games I attended along with the date, opposing team, the final score, and the team's overall record when I've been at the game. 

To me, all this stuff is pretty awesome.  Is it nerdy?  Yeah.  Is it stupid?  Probably.  But it's actually something I enjoy doing and consider to be a hobby.  Anyway, the point of this post is to introduce some more posts I will make in the future on individual ballparks.  I'll include some pictures, what I liked, and probably the team's record when I went to the game.  Maybe I'll try to include some interesting facts.  It probably won't be really funny material (as I know you're all probably used to!) but I hope you'll find it as interesting as I do.

No comments: